Teaching Faculty Salary and Benefits
Teaching faculty at the American School of Dubai have a passion for the mission of the school, embrace the core values and dedicate themselves to preparing more than 1,800 students to future ready.
Range $39,200 - $68,934
Minimum starting salary: $39,200
Maximum starting salary: $52,538
A new teaching faculty member is given credit for prior experience up to a maximum initial placement of step nine. The base salary is paid in US dollars, in twelve equal monthly payments.
Appropriate housing, depending on family size, is provided according to the ASD Housing Policy to include rent and utilities.
In addition, a Settling in Allowance of between $8,170 and $10,893 is provided depending on family size. The amount is paid in Dirhams at the time of settling in to support expenses associated with moving to Dubai.
The school incurs the full cost of a local UAE medical insurance plan. In addition, the school provides a world-wide medical plan, in which 80% of the premium is covered by ASD and the remaining 20% covered by the employee. The plan provides for medical evacuation if necessary.
In addition, ASD provides a term life insurance policy with a value of two times the base salary. ASD also provides long term disability coverage.
Transportation expenses for annual home leave to the home of record is provided beginning in the first year of service. In addition, ASD offers a Travel Assistance Program for dependent children (maximum 23 years of age) enrolled as full time students in a post secondary education program. The benefit is one economy return ticket, to a maximum of four tickets per child.
Upon employment, each faculty member is entitled to 800 pounds of net weight of airfreight from home of record to Dubai. Each accompanying dependent is entitled to 200 pounds of airfreight.
The final shipping allowance is equal to the initial shipping allowance plus an additional 10 percent per year (80 pounds per adult and 20 pounds per dependent) up to a maximum allowance of 1,200 pounds per employee and 300 pounds per dependent.