The ASD student uniform is worn by all students K1 - 12. Student uniforms support our learning-focused environment and promote the school’s core values of compassion, excellence, integrity, respect and responsibility. As a school located in the United Arab Emirates, the uniform is designed to respect host country culture and promote respect and responsibility for self. The ASD uniform garments are aligned with division dress code policies.
ASD has two official uniform vendors; locally owned and operated Zaks and international retailer Lands’ End. Zaks is located a few minutes from campus in Al Barsha, and Lands’ End is an internationally known online retailer. (ASD’s preferred school number with Lands’ End is 900146523). ASD families plan ahead and purchase uniforms through these vendors; there are no uniforms available for sale on campus.
ASD elementary and middle school students have the choice of several shirts, sweaters and a zip-up jacket. Bottoms include pants or shorts for males and jumpers, skirts (ES), skorts (ES), pants, shorts and capri pants for females. High school students have the choice of several shirts and sweater and jacket options. High school males wear pants and female students have the option of pants and capri pants.
All ASD physical education classes require a P.E. uniform. Often referred to as the P.E. Kit, the uniform is a red sports shirt and black athletic shorts made of quick-dry fabric. P.E. Kits are purchased on campus at the ASD school stores.
- Uniforms must be neat and clean.
- Skirts and skorts must touch the knee with the ASD logo visible at the hemline.
- Bottoms are worn at the waist with no undergarments showing.
- Students may wear only the authorized fleece and sweater options made available through Lands’ End, Zaks and the Booster Club zip up.
- Accessories that do not detract from the learning environment are acceptable.
- Footwear should provide support, protect the foot and be comfortable.
- Flip flops, boots, shoes with wheels, high heels, spiked shoes and Crocs are not permitted.
- Occasionally there may be non-uniform and dress down days where students do not have to wear the uniform to school. On such days the ASD dress code must be followed.