Be an Alumni Class Ambassador
ASD is seeking alumni who are eager to be more involved and support alumni initiatives at their alma mater. Today, ASD has more than 10,000 alumni* living, working and making a difference in their communities and around the world. While keeping connected with friends and family today is supported by many social media platforms, building personal networks and connecting on a personal level is more important than ever before.
ASD has the opportunity for you to serve as an Alumni Class Ambassador for your graduating class. The role of the Alumni Class Ambassador is to:
- Act as a liaison between the American School of Dubai and class members.
- Communicate current and relevant information to his/her class.
- Ensure classmates are keeping their contact information up to date.
- Reaching out to missing/lost alumni/classmates and updating their information.
- Help organize and brainstorm possible alumni events.
- Be listed as a main class contact (website, newsletter, etc.)
- Work with ASD Alumni Relations staff to promote events at the school and for alumni.
- Be informed and help promote the Annual Giving program to classmates, and encourage participation.
- Support and attend events while also encouraging attendance.
- Help facilitate class reunions.
- Attend in person or by Skype Alumni Class Ambassador planning/organizational meetings to take place annually.
- Engage with ASD social media and encourage classmates to do the same.
There are two Alumni Class Ambassadors for each graduating class of the American School of Dubai. Alumni Class Ambassadors are not required to live in Dubai. ASD’s first graduating class was in 1994. Alumni interested in being an Alumni Class Ambassador and who did not graduate from ASD, or attended the school before they offered Grade 12, please contact Michele Wray Khateri, Director of Advancement.
ASD alumni is defined as any individual who has benefitted from an ASD education, whether for one year or thirteen. Alumni include former and graduated students, faculty and staff and parents. Our goal is to forge lasting relationships with alumni and ensure constant connectedness with the school.
1994 - Vikram Shroff
1996 - Vikram Jethwani & Nicky Daryani
2000 - Shamsh Hadi
2001 - Karan Awtani
2002 - Razan Badri
2010 - Perna Kakar
2014 - Sahil Mukherjee
2015 - Abhishek Balakrishnan & Aya Abou-Jaoude
2017 - Seth McKenzie
Alumni Data Collection/Finding Our Lost Alumni!
While our global alumni community may be over 10,000 strong, having accurate data to support future alumni programs and projects is more important than ever. A campaign to reach ‘lost alumni’ is taking place to ensure ongoing connectedness with both the school and fellow classmates. Alumni from each graduating class are being contacted and informed of classmates that are (data) ‘lost’ with a request to help reach these alumni and update our records. In addition, a short survey to alumni will help inform us of how we can serve you.