Be a Class Ambassador
ASD is seeking alumni who are eager to be more involved and support alumni initiatives at their alma mater. Serve as an Alumni Class Ambassador for your graduating class. The role of the Alumni Class Ambassador is to:
- Act as a liaison between the American School of Dubai and class members
- Communicate current and relevant information to his/her class
- Ensure classmates are keeping their contact information up to date
- Reaching out to missing/lost alumni/classmates and updating their information
- Help organize and brainstorm possible alumni events
- Be listed as a main class contact (website, newsletter, etc.)
- Work with ASD Alumni Relations staff to promote events at the school and for alumni.
- Be informed and help promote the Annual Giving program to classmates, and encourage participation
- Support and attend events while also encouraging attendance
- Help facilitate class reunions
- Attend in person or by video Alumni Class Ambassador planning/organizational meetings to take place annually
- Engage with ASD on social media and encourage classmates to do the same
There are two Alumni Class Ambassadors for each graduating class of the American School of Dubai. Alumni Class Ambassadors are not required to live in Dubai. ASD’s first graduating class was in 1994. Alumni interested in being an Alumni Class Ambassador and who did not graduate from ASD, or attended the school before they offered Grade 12, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
An ASD alumnus is defined as any individual who has benefitted from an ASD education, whether for one year or thirteen. Alumni include former graduates and students, faculty, staff, and parents. Our goal is to forge lasting relationships.